Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Duelling Design Walls

#QuiltBee: Country Cousin quilt
Because my large design wall is occupied with Halo I've been using a smaller one to start laying out Country Cousin.













It currently sits across the room from the large design wall, perched atop a stool that has several bundles of fabric on it, and leans against the cubbies that hold my fabric - all very technical 😏. This allows me to flit from one quilt to the other, depending on the mood that I'm in.







#QuiltBee: Country Cousin quilt
The wall is starting to get a little crowded so it will soon be time to start sewing squares together. I still haven't decided how large this one will be. Originally I thought I'd just make a baby quilt but I have lots more block pieces than that so it will either be a throw or a larger quilt. At some point I may just keep assembling blocks and then when the larger wall is available, lay everything out there. Or, heaven forbid, use the floor! I've gotten really spoiled having a design wall or two to play with and do not miss rolling around on the floor on my hands and knees to lay out a quilt....M

5 comments:

Chantal said...

Just beautiful. Love the country flare it has. Enjoy! ;^)

Ada Plouvier-Kopitopoulou said...

I have two design walls. I am a very lucky person!!

moosecraft said...

The colors, the piecing....absolutely lovely! :-)

Kyle said...

Great colors in your newest project. You're very fortunate to have enough space for the dueling design walls.

Pat said...

Your Country Flare is wonderful! Love the warmth and softness of the color palette...and 2 design walls!!!