Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

God's Green Earth bowtie quilt: QuiltBee
What better way to celebrate the 'wearin' o' the green' than with my finished God's Green Earth? It's enough to make me want to kick up my heels and look for leprechauns and four-leaf clovers!













God's Green Earth bowtie quilt: QuiltBeeThe combination of all those greens just makes my heart sing, and then to have a few reds, plums, teals and even a little black tossed in, well, it really is something.













I think all of the hits of chartreuse make it for me.












God's Green Earth bowtie quilt: QuiltBee
I started out trying not to repeat any of the fabrics but in the end I doubled up on a few favourites.











God's Green Earth bowtie quilt: QuiltBee
If I have one regret it would be that it could be larger (you know me and how I love a large quilt) but I'm happy to leave it as it is. Only for an instant did I toy with adding borders but that is not the look that I had in mind.












It is going to be backed with these three lovelies and then it's time to call Roberta to see when she can fit it into her schedule.














Happy St. Paddy's Day everyone!....M

2 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Yes! This is a beauty! Makes me want to make another one, maybe a semi-mini.

Kyle said...

What an awesome collection of fabrics. It will be a fun quilt to enjoy no matter the holiday.