Monday, January 21, 2019

I'm Finished Churning

Churn Dash quilt blocks: QuiltBee
Omigosh requires lots of Churn Dash blocks - lots! Even though I have simplified the design of the block that I am using (I've removed the tiny four-patch blocks from the centre of the four outer cream blocks), it was still going to take some time to get the last of them all together. The pieces were getting lost amid the mess of my sewing table so I decided to pair everything up and just work at them until they were all together - it's easier to keep track of 4.5" quilt blocks rather than 1.5" squares.








Over several days I'd sit down and put three or four blocks together in one sitting and - wa-la - they are all finished now.













Or at least as many as I think that I need.
















#churndash
It's a happy little block and I love seeing them all together.

I'm going to modify my quilt design even more than just using a simplified Churn Dash block, which will require fewer blocks all round, but I'm pretty sure that I now have enough for what I need, with possibly some extras. I'll share my idea for my version of Omigosh with you one of these days; I'm quite excited about it....M

1 comment:

Kyle said...

The simple little churn dash block is a happy block. 😊