Thursday, January 24, 2019

Cookie Anyone?

I pulled out the mixmaster last night for the first time since Christmas to bake a batch or two of cookies. The Friends of Bonnechere Parks are hosting their annual Winter Magic this weekend and are in need of a few goodies for everyone to enjoy with their hot chocolate after their fun snowshoeing or taking a horse-drawn sleigh ride. You can search for ice gems in the snow maze or build a snowman. After hot dogs, s'mores and hot chocolate by the bonfire, there's a scavenger hunt through the woods and a guided snowshoe hike along the Little Bonnechere River. Lots of fun!





I thought I was only doing a double batch of Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chippers but once I got into it I decided to do couple of batches of Hooty Cakes as well - oatmeal cookies with cranberries and white chocolate chips and a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger thrown in for good measure.










The Official Cookie Tester was on his game and, being the dedicated taste tester that he is, he had to come back for samples two or three times. Quality control, you know!













Not to worry, there are still lots to deliver - 16 dozen to be exact. That should help keep the munchies at bay on a winter's day....M

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

16 dozen!! I think I would hold a dozen or so back for myself!

Kate said...

Marie, you are so industrious ... and so is the official cookie tester - well done, you two. ^^

Pat said...

What would we do without the official cookie tester in each home? Your kitchen must have been a very fun place to be and the results look wonderful! They will be appreciated by many. I see you have a KitchenAid - isn’t it a work horse!! Love your Queen Bee spatula too.