Monday, August 13, 2018

Sandy is in Hexie Heaven

diamond hexies: QuiltBee
I managed to get in a few pics of Sandy's latest projects too before the sun went down on us last weekend at Jane's cottage but most of them were too dark to use so she has kindly filled in the blanks for me. She's made great progress on her EPP project thanks to spending a couple of months stitching by the seaside in Cozumel this winter.











It's so lovely and soft. The hexies are about 2" in size and they look as good on the back...
















diamond hexies: QuiltBee
as they do on the front.
















And while we're talking about the back, check out the perfection of her hand stitching! Meticulous.














diamond hexies: QuiltBee
This isn't going to be a large quilt so much of the paper piecing is complete. Once the edges are filled in she wants to do three rows of cream hexies all the way around; then it will be time for borders and quilting. The string of cream hexies will go across the quilt rather than vertically, which will be nice too.

It also doesn't have a name yet. This is not a colour palette that she normally gravitates to but, as she says, "I’m still finding my comfort zone with these colours but they remind me of the fabrics my Great Grandma chose for dresses my Mom would make her." Totally get it....M

3 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You are so right, perfect hexies. Thanks for sharing.

Kyle said...

A lovely color palette.

Sandy said...

Thanks, Marie! They’re a little addictive! I’m in awe of your teeny tiny hexies!