Friday, August 10, 2018

Jane's Masterpiece

We got out to Jane's cottage for a visit with her, Sandy, and Betty last weekend so I've got a little bit of a show and tell for you, but you can see that we waited until dusk to bring out the quilty goodies. What were we doing?











Well, playing Mexican Trains in the shade of the trees between swims and trying to stay cool. Sandy has the patience of a saint because I have to say I'm not the quickest study at this game, but she hung in there with us.












Back to Jane. Isn't this going to be a masterpiece? This is the border (apologies for the lighting - I'll get better images for you down the road)...

Blockade quilt blocks: QuiltBee
...that will go with these blocks. LUV, LUV, LUV! And we've finally found the name of the block - it's Blockade. A little uninspiring, wouldn't you say? Jane is busy coming up with a new name.

One more shot of those gorgeous fabrics.

And don't you love the way they are all so organized? She used an old skirt hanger to keep everything in one place and its working beautifully. Thank you Pinterest!...M


2 comments:

Sandy said...

I love these fabrics, Jane ... and, what a way to store all the bits! I can’t wait to see how this beauty turns out!
It was so much fun to see you on the weekend, Marie. We need to finish our Train game, although I think I was the big loser, thus far!
We always have such fun at the cottage ... thanks Jane for your hospitality! ��

Kyle said...

Looks like you all had a fun. It's amazing how many different design hst's can make.