Thursday, November 30, 2017

A Great Little Stocking Stuffer

If you have a quilter on your Christmas list (or if someone is looking for a great little stocking stuffer for you) you might want to consider a recent find that I just love. I tend to have several spools near my machine and almost as many bobbins, switching them up as I go, but when several weights of white all start looking the same it's a bit of a guessing game as to which bobbin belongs with which spool. These little gizmos have taken all of the guesswork out of it for me.









They are called bobbini, and they easily keep your bobbin matched up with the correct spool of thread.














This was a system that I had tried for a while - just using an elastic to keep the two together, but the bobbinis are even easier.














They are pliable and rubbery so when you push the wide end into the centre of the spool it collapses and stays in place.














Then just slip the bobbin over the nub on the top. I like to slide the end of the thread into the hole in the bobbin as I do this so that there aren't loose threads flying about. Easy peasy, and no more playing 'match game'. I got mine from Connecting Threads but I suspect that Santa might know of other shops where they are available too. Happy shopping!...M

1 comment:

Kyle said...

What a clever little gizmo. Those are the kinds of things I wished I had invented!