Sunday, October 15, 2017

Quilting and Binding

Pardon the pun, but this week I've been a quilting machine.
















I've now got six hexie table toppers finished so it was time to figure out how to quilt them. I toyed with doing a basic grid pattern but thought better of that and developed a pattern that worked with the seam lines that echo the hexagon at the centre. I have to say that I'm quite pleased with the result.












I really like how the orange/gold ones turned out - they are quilted with soft gold thread and it just seems to warm them up even more. And the large pumpkins on the back are just perfect.

I know that the Official Cookie Tester had his heart set on owning one of the ones with a gingham round, but I think I might try and convince him that what he really wants is one of these.







All six hexies are quilted and I also quilted three of the wonky star toppers so binding has been at the top of the TO DO list. Four of the hexies are now finished (yay!); this is what the pile of stitching that was waiting for me looked like when I started the day.











The Official Cookie Tester kept me entertained flicking channels to different football games, so I finished up a couple more and I am looking forward to completing the rest of them this week....M

6 comments:

Kyle said...

You were extremely productive. Even if your favorite teams didn't happen to win, you certainly did with your quilting!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wow! You have been a quilting machine!

Kate said...

My goodness, you are so productive! Your table toppers are all beautiful and will be a quick seller for sure - my favourite is the orange/gold. :)

Quilting Babcia said...

You have been so productive with these, and your quilting design is a perfect compliment to the hexagonal shape. These little table toppers are so addictive!

Sarah said...

Love your table toppers and the quilting is spot on!

Anne Ida said...

Wow, you got heaps done! Your hexie toppers are wonderful!