Sunday, October 04, 2026

Time to Shift Gears

I gave myself a good scare when I looked at the calendar the other day. The Holly Bazaar is on November 19, about 7 weeks away, and I have little or nothing started so it's time to do something about that. 

My first project is a runner with two rows of houses, one running along each long edge, and a strip of wonky stars down the centre.

This is the inspiration photo that I'm working from. I found it on Pinterest and am almost certain that is AI generated but I like the colours so I used it as my jumping off point. Missouri Star has a great Cottage Stars tutorial that I'm following. 

And this is my fabric pull. Not sure that the bright green in the middle of the pack will make the cut but I do like this combo.

These are the yellows that I will be using for the doors and the stars. I opted more for gold than brown or green in my stars, not quite as rustic.

So I went on a cutting spree until I had enough of a pile to start creating my little subdivision. Actually, I will cut enough for two runners as I'm pretty sure that The Official Cookie Tester will be interested in buying one 😉....M




No comments: