I've taken the plunge - the
Double Wedding Ring quilt will be a lap quilt and not full-sized. My intention when picking up Jan's WIP was to make it for Quilts for Survivors and that's what I'll do. It also makes it more of a reality that it will some day be a finish. I haven't let my mind move forward too too much as to just how to finish it yet, just dealing with the bits and bobs in front of me but I'm counting on the quilting gods to have my back.
So I've taken the panel that is all sewn together and ripped out the seam that joins the bottom two rings to the rest of the top, planning to make it 4W x 5H rings.
And I'm left with a piece that looks like this. It may be the start of something else but for now it has helped move me along. I've just parked it in a corned of the design wall.
Then I started puzzling together just how this baby is to come together. I've been referring to
Christine Baker 's tutorial and the goal is to have two columns come together in an elongated S seam. But because I jumped into this midstream, instead of having two consistent shapes, I'm working with an interesting combo, like tops of rings...
right sides of rings, and ...
corners of rings (if that's possible...).
I'm just talking myself through it like someone trying to convince a jumper not to jump, but progress is being made....M
No comments:
Post a Comment