Thursday, August 01, 2024

I've Got Busy Friends

While this summer has hardly been at the top of the list in terms of quilt production for me, my quilty friends have been making up for it. Several more flimsies for Quilts for Survivors have come my way, and they are beautiful. I picked up this one, Crossroads, from Jane on the weekend. 

Isn't it fabulous? Those colours! 

She claims to have difficulty developing masculine palettes, but I totally disagree. Apparently this was all in a 'give away' pile.

The solids work beautifully in it and that blue just makes the whole thing pop. She's recovering from knee surgery so it's been a great hand stitching project.

And Anne recently dropped off two beautiful Nine Patches

If I'm correct, the blocks were gifted to her by a friend and she's assembled them into two tops. One set has green centres and the other all red centres.

The colour combos are great. I feel that they have a real Amish vibe. This one was quilted by Roberta and was presented to a residential school survivor in our area.
The last one is a finish from Jan, one of the quilters at the church. 












This gal can really churn them out! I love the gingham. The blocks remind me of a Mary Englebright quilt that mom made years ago.
And she's finished it off with setting triangles in a sweet cream print that seems to have strawberries throughout; there's also strawberries in the black border (sorry, the photo isn't the best). So nice to have busy friends that make me look good....M

2 comments:

marina said...

such beautiful quilts,
They just make you want to snuggle up in them.

Rebecca Grace said...

Oh yes, I agree! Each of these quilts is a beauty but Jane's color mastery is just superb.