Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Repurposed Blocks

I love being able to find a new life for orphan blocks. Recently, while digging for something completely different, I uncovered several that were left over from Martha's Star. That quilt was finished in 2018 so they were more than ready to be used!


It didn't take me long to figure out that if I just added a border to them they would be ideal to add to our Quilts for Survivors bundle (blocks need to be 16.5" unfinished). It was interesting to see the different character that each border produced.


This red was a little tough to capture - it's got a little more orange in it than it shows, but I think it goes beautifully with the navy paisley in the star.


And this green border is actually much nicer than the picture is showing, tho it proved to be difficult to capture on camera.


I think that this one is my fave; that red print is just perfect with the blue.

This was a speedy way to breathe new life into an old project and ensure that those blocks don't sit dormant for another six years....M


2 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Those look great! Wonderful way to use your orphan blocks.

bettyb said...

LOVE this!