Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Halo Has A Growth Spurt

Every now and then a little more gets added to Halo

Last week it was time to fill in the few remaining blanks that were dotted throughout (they are just placed for positioning, not sewn in)...

Much better.

Then, when all the blanks were filled in, I started second guessing myself and wasn't convinced that when all of the seams in the next step were sewn that it was going to be large enough. I don't want a border on this one, which meant adding another row along the side and the bottom. Yup, 15 more blocks. Sigh.





So I madly attacked pieces that I had cut for the 'T' centres (square-in-a square blocks with the four curved pieces to rest the pie-shaped pieces into) and they are now finished. (I love those scrappy square-in-a square blocks - I'm pretty sure they will show up in another quilt...)

Now I'm back to making more pie-shaped segments, which is going to slow me down again. I've got to cut lots more pieces and the curves don't come together nearly as quickly as straight seams. Oh well. 

By the way, congratulations to Joceyln who won the Quilt Design book giveaway! And thanks again to Ann for donating it. I hope you enjoy it and get lots of use out of it Jocelyn....M

5 comments:

Sharon Stroud said...

Good for you, Marie! Most people would have made it bigger with borders, not actually made more blocks. Congratulations on taking the road less traveled. It will be fabulous!

Kyle said...

I'm glad you didn't opt for borders. This design is so awesome it needs to stand alone.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This is looking super! So scrappy and pretty, I recognise many fabrics here from my stash too. I'm inclined to say "no border" too!

Rebecca Grace said...

Ooh, Marie -- your Halo keeps getting prettier and prettier! I love it~

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Halo is so beautiful as is all your work, Marie.
I received my book and gifts last week and am very grateful for a lovely parcel in the mail. Thank you very much!