Saturday, November 13, 2021

So Happy With My Poinsettia Runner

By and large, I'm happy with all of the items that I've made for the Holly Bazaar this year, but I think I have to say that this Poinsettia table runner is my fave.

I shared the making of it with you a couple of weeks ago, but now that it's quilted...oh my!

Roberta sprinkled gorgeous swirling snowflakes across it and I don't think that it could have been a better choice. 

They soften it up beautifully in a wintery kind of way and really help make the whole thing shine. 

I chose a bright red and white print for the binding - didn't want anything too heavy, but something that would help provide a bit of a snowy feel - and I like the end result.

The light backing has a gold swirl running through it and it is quilted with the perfect cream thread, just dark enough to highlight the quilting but not overtake the piece.

This is the the largest of all of the items, finishing at about 17" x 44", which will make for a impressive statement on the table. Happy, happy, happy!








And speaking of happy, thank you for all of the wonderful comments about my 10th blogging anniversary last weekend. For some reason I'm experiencing a glitch with Blogger and have not been receiving all of my comments via email; it seems to be hit and miss. Nor can I reply to them, but please know that I've seen them all and appreciate all of your kind words. 

And a quick reminder that there is only one day left for you to claim your gift and get 20% off the hexie Christmas ornaments; just use the discount code QUILTBEEHEXIE when you check out. All the fun ends Sunday night!....M



9 comments:

Kyle said...

The poinsettia table runner will sale quick. Are you going to make another one for you?

Marie said...

Truth be known Kyle, I've made three of them! We'll buy one and I have the third to gift. It's such a great pattern to work up that they came together really quickly.

Frances B said...

Love, love, love!

Rebecca Grace said...

Happy Blog-a-versary, Marie! Your poinsettia runner is so pretty. If it were mine, I'd have a hard time giving it up for the bazaar -- or might donate it and then buy it for myself! Thanks for linking up with me for TGIFF!

bettyb said...

I love this look too!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

So pretty! I'm with Rebecca--it would be tempting to donate your beautiful Christmas runner and buy it back! Or, make another for yourself! Happy blog-aversity!!!

Kim said...

Your Poinsettia runner is beautiful. Such a gorgeous pattern and the snowflake quilting pattern is perfect. Suh a good choice for the backing fabric, too.

Sandy said...

Wow, I want one, too! I love the colours, and that quilting … stunning!
Congratutations on your 10 Year Anniversary, Marie! I always look forward to seeing what you’re up to, and it’s fun to go back and re-visit old posts. You always inspire me! :)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful table runner, well done!