Saturday, November 06, 2021

Celebrate With Me!

I passed a blogging milestone lately and wouldn't you know, I completely missed it! Ten years ago (ten!) I took the plunge and started my blog. QuiltBee became a thing. Never would I have imagined the impact this would have on my creative journey. It's been a wonderful way to keep me focused and move lots of projects to the finish line, but, more importantly, it introduced me to an amazing array of inspiring quilters from across the world, including you. 

Your support has meant so much and I always look forward to reading your comments. You cheer me on when I need a lift, willingly sharing great suggestions and insights. I feel blessed that I've gotten to know you through our shared passion. So, despite being a little late to my own party, we're going to celebrate this week with a little treat. 

It's no secret that I am drawn to hexies - Candied Hexagons and Minnie come to mind - and I know I'm not alone. 

My sister Frances also has a blog with a bit of a bee theme called L'Abeille Francaise, devoted to all things French, especially Paris and her travels to explore its architectural, cultural and gastronomic charms; you may have noticed it in my blog list. Just like L’Abeille - the bee - she loves buzzing around, seeking them out and sampling them. So when she recently introduced a line of lovely hexie Christmas ornaments (she calls them honeycombs) it seemed to me like a fun opportunity to collaborate. 

As a thank you for sharing these past ten years with me I have a little gift for you. It will soon be time to deck the halls so for the next week (from November 6 thru to the 15th) enjoy a special 20% discount on her line of Honeycomb Ornaments; just use the discount code QUILTBEEHEXIE when you check out. 

There are three different styles to choose from - Noël, Joie and Paix - and they are available in either gold or black. They look lovely on a tree or tucked into a stocking, adding a certain 'je ne sais quoi' to your holidays. Feel free to share this offer with any of your quilty friends who have caught the hexie bug too. 

Thanks again for sharing this journey with me. I know that many blogs are being replaced by Instagram but I'm still enjoying this format and your company, and hope to for some time to come.....M


6 comments:

Kate said...

Congratulations Marie on your 10th anniversary!! Your creations are always an inspiration. ^^

Rebecca Grace said...

Congrats on your 10-year blogaversary, Marie! I’m pretty sure you get FABRIC for that milestone…. ;-)

audrey said...

Yay for making it to 10 years with the blog! I have enjoyed following along with your quilting adventures and many of the friend 'makes' you share as well.:)

Kyle said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and quilting journey with us. 10 years is quite the milestone.

Nancy said...

Congratulations on 10 years, Marie. That's awesome. I know I don't comment on every post but I certainly enjoy reading your posts and looking at your photos. Here's to 10 more years!

Kristy said...

Congratulations! 10 years is a milestone! So glad you are continuing to blog. I am always inspired by the many things you complete! I finally completed my dresden quilt including binding. Now to put all the ends in on the back. I did it quilt as you go so there are a lot of ends to put in! Hope your craft fair goes well. K- lkw2x6-apq@yahoo.com