Saturday, July 17, 2021

It's The Little Things

I celebrated my birthday a couple of weeks ago and was the happy recipient of a few quilty goodies that made my day. The first is a beautiful Auntie Green's Coverlet Quilt iPhone cover by Brigitte Giblin Quilts. Isn't is pretty? I've had my eye on these covers for some time now. Actually, it's been so long that I wondered if they even made them any more. I never had a phone cover for my cell phone when I was working and it's taken me a couple of years to decide to finally get a phone now that I'm not. After much hemming and hawing about how much I would actually use it, I scored one of my sister Frances' old phones and it suits perfectly. It was also the perfect excuse for this little treat.

My second goodie is a new quilt pattern called Santa's Village. This is another item that I've pined for and now find in my possession. It's about as close to a sampler quilt as I'd go but it's scrappy and I just love that Santa. Isn't he great? 

As usual, there will be a few changes made. I like Elizabeth Eastman's version with several of the green and white blocks switched up; the block in the upper right corner is particularly dark. And I'm not yet certain about putting the houses in each corner; maybe I'll switch those up as well. Time will tell. 


Finally, I find myself closing in on having my scrappy Pineapple Tidbits ready to assemble. This is another project that I'll need to do some carbon dating on to determine how old it is, but very happy to finally see pulled together. Lots of little reasons to be happy 😊.....M

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Happy belated birthday! It was obviously a good one. Love the phone cover. I have an iPhone for work and I am very tempted to buy a cover like yours. It's the best cover ever!! Love Santa's Village and I'm looking forward to seeing your rendition of it. I also had a bd a few weeks ago, so Cheers, Cancer sister! ;^)

OPQuilt said...

I second the Happy Belated Birthday and love the gift you gave yourself: what a beautiful phone cover.

Thanks for the shout-out on the Santa's Village pattern. I hope you enjoy your quilt as much as I do mine.

Loved seeing your Pineapple Tidbits block, as I love those blocks a lot. Seems like you and I think alike!
:) Elizabeth