Thursday, April 22, 2021

A Special Treasure

The Official Cookie Tester and I are closing in on the last of the goodies in our Easter basket but we're also enjoying a very sweet, calorie-free treat that arrived that weekend as well. Jane made me this adorable bunny perched atop an old wooden spool. It's just tooo cute to put into storage so I've kept it out to enjoy.




Jane has a wonderful eye for whimsy so no detail has gone unnoticed. The spool is wrapped with a beautiful floral ribbon...





And bunny sits in the midst of delicate spring flowers sharing a banner with his Easter message.






A beautiful marbled turquoise bead worked perfectly for bunny's egg and I love the little grass trim that encircles him.







There are many spools in my sewing room but none nearly as special as this one. It is a true original, just like it's talented maker. Thank you Jane!....M

 

5 comments:

Kyle said...

What a special friend.

bettyb said...

Love it! Mine is special too, and will stay out thru spring at least.

Jane Corbett said...

Marie, the black part on the top is a wool covered button, probably from a coat. I love old covered buttons, and this was the perfect way to use them! So glad you are enjoying the bunny. I had such fun making these.

Rebecca Grace said...

How beautiful! What a special gift!

audrey said...

Oh wow! That really is super special.:)