Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Squirrel!

I don't know, maybe I've just been spending a little too much time watching the squirrels trying to attack the birdfeeders lately. Or maybe it's a sign that I need to spend some time sorting through what is on my sewing table. Either way, I dug under a pile looking for something or other and came across a wee stack of tiny blocks that were started way back when. It didn't take long before I was ignoring my yellow houses and playing with those tiny pieces again.


And I do mean tiny. This was a project to help use up some of my 1" strips that just seem to multiply like rabbits so those little corners finish off at half an inch square.




Hardly the fastest way to burn through a stash, but what the heck, they're fun.

The blocks finish at 3" and then become part of a larger nine-inch Nine-Patch block which will be set on point. My inspiration came from seeing Lella Boutique's Diamond Dust pattern. I like the pinstripe border but am thinking that I might be tempted to use the cherry fabric that I used a while ago for backing and binding Lena's Hugs & Kisses. Not sure how big this one will be, but with only seven nine-patch blocks made to date I'm a ways from having to make that decision.....M

9 comments:

Chantal said...

those blocks are so cute, Marie. I love little bits of colour but it sure does take a lot of them to make a quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

Kyle said...

Super cute!. It looks like a great pattern for using scraps of all sizes. Yours is very tiny. I'll have to earmark this one.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Oh my, these are adorable teeny tiny blocks!

moosecraft said...

Love these blocks! Just tiny sprinkles of color! :-)

audrey said...

When you're in the mood or wanting to avoid something else, whichever, is the very best time to work on a project like this! Any progress at all is better than what was accomplished before.:) Will be so sweet when it's a full grown quilt!

Rebecca Grace said...

This is one of those projects that makes me feel like NO scrap is too small to throw away. It looks lovely so far!

Sandy said...

Love the freshness of the white with the pops of colour! Those corners finish at 1/2 an inch ... that’s a lot of patience, Marie!

bettyb said...

Very sweet. Can't wait to see this in real time.

Julierose said...

I love those blocks...and the colors are lovely...but they are really really TINY!! ;000 You have "le patience" in spades...
hugs, Julierose
Happy Spring and Happy Easter