Friday, March 26, 2021

Bright and Cheery on a Dreary Day

It's dull and rainy today, the perfect time to seek out a little colour. Jane was more than happy to oblige with a few x and + pics from her design floor. Such a happy quilt!





I think that when I first showed it to you I misled you a bit, giving the impression that it was going to be pink, turquoise and purple only. Not so! It's going to be filled with lots of colours - you can see the greens and yellows starting to be worked in.



Right now she feels that she needs 63 blocks and has 52 cut with about 30 of them all together. She's playing it by ear to see what will work for size and has no plans to add a border. They are 10-inch blocks.







For someone who is piecing this by hand she certainly isn't wasting any time, is she?....M




6 comments:

Chantal said...

She's piecing this by hand ??!! Oh! My! Sizzling bacon!! Wow! I love the colours too. It is a very happy and cheerful quilt. Bravo Jane! ;^)

Kyle said...

Jane's quilt is a kalidescope of colors. It would brighten up any dreary day.

Kristy said...

Wow! Wish I could sew that quickly by hand. I have a hard enough time sewing that many by machine so quick! :-) These are so pretty! I want to make some too! I think you just like to tempt us to keep making more quilts. :-) So glad you can share what is being made. K- lk22x6-apq@yahoo.com

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Beautiful colors - they must be so fun to piece.

Rebecca Grace said...

Wow -- those X and plus blocks are so beautiful! Love the mix of colors and prints!

Sandy said...

Stunning, Jane! The colours just pop, and your corners are perfection!