Thursday, April 25, 2019

Wrapping It Up

Here's the last installment of Jane's parade of quilt tops ready to be quilted. This is her gorgeous Danuta's Garden, or as she sometimes refers to it, Summer Fling. It's a beauty.













Like all the others, it is hand pieced (except for the flying geese that I showed you earlier). Don't those bright colours just say summer garden?













And she has lots of  Martha Negley 's spectacular prints sprinkled throughout.















Now to give some thought to how to quilt it. With all of those tiny four-patches in the sashing I suspect that it will be an edge to edge pattern.














I had set this green print aside as the backing for my version of the same quilt and happened to have it with me when I dropped in on Jane. As soon as we pulled it out we just knew it was much better for her quilt, so back to the hunt for my backing, but that's half the fun of it, isn't it?....M

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Dante's Garden is an explosion of summery colors and textures.