Thursday, October 04, 2018

Low Hanging Fruit

Christmas star table topper: QuiltBee
I hit a bit of Holly Bazaar luck recently, finding a huge pile of Christmas prints that I had cut last year for star table toppers but never made up. All I had to do was cut a few more white blocks and I was off to the races.













I like to lay out a full topper so that I can play with the colour and print distribution and then just drop sets of the smaller white squares onto the blocks that will contain the star points.













Christmas star table topper: QuiltBee
After that it's a fairly quick process and in about an hour....















Christmas star table topper: QuiltBee
voila!



Christmas star table topper: QuiltBee














This one doesn't have any yellows in it and I wondered if that was a mistake, but I like it.

Happily, I now have four of them that are ready for quilting. Betty teased me about my last post saying that in one simple step I'd moved from Halloween to Christmas, but as each day passes the bazaar is that much closer so there will need to be a little more holiday themed sewing before all is said and done 😊....M

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marie you are speedy gonzalez for sure, you can certainly put those table toppers together in a hurry--lovely work. Lindianna

Kate said...

I LOVE these toppers, Marie - your Christmas fabrics are beautiful!

Karen's Korner said...

Pretty fabrics and they have sewn up beautifully.

Kyle said...

Voila! You are always so productive with the pieces you make for your bazaar. You've used a wonderful assortment of holiday fabrics.