Sunday, April 01, 2018

Hoppy Easter!

Tulips: QuiltBee
Happy Easter everyone! If you celebrate the holiday I hope that you and yours enjoy a wonderful time together.















Easter Nest No-Bake Cookies: QuiltBee
Our family celebrations were yesterday so there was lots of hustle and bustle on the food prep front. I decided to dig up a recipe for No Bake Cookies and make them into little nests. It has been years since I've made them but they were a favourite when we were growing up.











Easter Nest No-Bake Cookies: QuiltBee
This recipe has a little peanut butter in them, which is a nice combo with the chocolate. They are tasty little morsels and have oatmeal in them too, so I like to think of them as a little healthy, but I'd forgotten just how sweet they are; I think they need to be enjoyed with a cup of tea.











Hexie diamonds for Minnie quilt: QuiltBee
It's beautiful and sunny out today but the temperatures have taken a real dive so I'll be sitting down to enjoy some hand stitching on Minnie.













Hexie diamonds for Minnie quilt: QuiltBee
I keep a supply of hexies handy, all prepped and ready to sew into diamonds and pick them up when I have a few minutes, so the pile continues to grow, but I think that today it might be time to work with larger diamonds and maybe even try putting a few of those together. We'll see. I've been threatening to do that for a while but it's always so easy just to pull out the makings of another little diamond and whip it up. It's got to become a quilt some day though.....M

p.s. A big shout out to my sister Frances who has just launched her blog L'abeille Francaise, sharing her love of all thing French, particularly Paris. Her inaugural post is all about macarons and Ladurée's new Toronto shop. Sweet!




6 comments:

Jane said...

Happy Easter Marie! I love seeing some little snippets of my fabrics in your Minnie quilt. Minnie is looking gorgeous and I can't wait to see it come together as a quilt.

Jennie in GA said...

Your hexies are lovely colors. Bet those little bird nests are as good as they look.

moosecraft said...

Love those tulips and hexies! Such beautiful photography! I'll be trying those no-bake cookies next weekend! Thank you! Happy Easter!

Pat said...

Tulips, hexies and chocolate cookies - a lovely feast for the eye! I will be checking out your sister’s blog and telling my DIL about it - she also loves macarons and is experimenting with how to make them.

L'Abeille Française said...

Your nests bring back sweet childhood memories Marie. Happy Easter! Thank you for the shout-out regarding my new blog. I'm following your great lead.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great Hexagon project, Some in colours! Your cookies look good. Happy Easter!