Sunday, January 28, 2018

Hexie Parade

hexagon diamonds for Minnie quilt: QuiltBee
Diamonds of hexies for Minnie seem to be everywhere lately, but I think that today it's time for a change of scenery. The latest bundle revealed some new and lovely fabric combinations, and I toyed with sewing fours together to create the larger diamonds, but I'm thinking that I want to work on a different quilt. Lucky for me, staying with hexies is very much an option.

hexagons for Anna Levens quilt: QuiltBee
Anna Levens has been quietly sitting in the corner, draped over Candied Hexagons, which is in the hoop. I think today both of them will see a little love. I'll add a few more hexies to Anna to work at filling in the sides...










,,,and then tonight I think it's time to put a few quilting stitches into Candied Hexagons. It's been dormant since last spring and with all of the hustle and bustle of a fall wedding and then the holidays, it just hasn't seen any attention of late. Today's the day!....M


5 comments:

Suzanne said...

I especially like your quilt in the hoop....all beautiful projects

marina said...

Walkways lovely seeing such pretty hexies!
Enjoy your quilting, it’s a lovely quilt

Kyle said...

Hexies seem to be the shape of choice today. Hope you had a chance to work on all of them.

Ann said...

Lots of beautiful hexagons here. And lots of hand piecing. Good for you.

Pat said...

Had to check out your Omigosh quilt - what a wonderful pattern featuring both primary and secondary design elements...with your huge variety of scraps it will be amazing.