Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tool Time

I've had questions about where I bought the handle to tighten my quilting hoop but have been unable to reply because folks are identified as 'no-reply bloggers' so I thought I'd do a quick post about it in case others were interested in looking for one as well.

I had to do a little digging after the question was asked as there are no markings on the tool. Sleuth that I am, I finally found the answer. I got it from Carol Shewan at Willow Creek Rug Hooking. The tighteners are not in her online shop but if you contact her she will be happy to help. If memory serves me correctly, I paid about $5 for it.






It is such a joy to work with so if you use a quilting hoop I would really encourage you to pick one up; your knuckles will thank you. Makes you wonder why someone didn't think of this sooner.













The slot in one end of the handle has a hole drilled into it so it just sits over the screw and the wing nut in your frame and you use it much like a screwdriver.














Thought you'd enjoy a quick peek to what the border quilting pattern looks like from the back. It will need one more little square added to the corner where the two large triangles meet, but I'll do those all at the end.

Also, if you are a no-reply blogger, here's a link to step-by-step instructions for how you can change that so that I am able to reply to your questions - I love getting your comments and this just makes it that much easier to connect....M

No comments: