Monday, January 12, 2015

Thank You Downton Abbey

Fans of Downton Abbey know that season five started last Sunday (yaaaa!) - lots of fashionable bling and old money to start the new year. I am notorious for getting overly engrossed in whatever I am watching so, depending on the stitching and the program, my quilting often spends more time in my lap that actually getting done. Last week though, I had a breakthrough. Much to my delight, I realized half way through the show that I had finished the hand quilting on the centre of Confetti. No one was more surprised than me - I was beginning to think that Stephanie will never get to sleep under it.







So, feeling that I was on a roll, I quickly started at quilting the border.

I'm echoing the pattern in the quilt and liking the effect. It might need one more small square added to fill the larger spaces that aren't quilted, but I'll wait to see what it looks like.











I was able to do a bit every night last week and, thanks to the second episode of Downton Abbey last night, I now have one long side done (gasp!). It's almost unbelievable, but it's enough to make me aim to have it all quilted by the end of February, if not sooner. Wish me luck....M

3 comments:

Robin said...

I love the softness that hand quilting brings. Your quilt is coming along great.

Kyle said...

Good luck on your handquilting. It looks lovely.

audrey said...

So exciting to get to that breakthrough stage! I always seem to quilt faster once I get there.:) Love this very pretty quilt!