Thursday, August 28, 2014

16....15....14.....

Sea Glass has been sitting on the sewing table for much of the summer waiting to be picked up again. Jean called yesterday to say that she'd like to be able to deliver the quilt to the newlyweds in October, so that proved to be enough incentive to sit down to it again.














I'd been dragging my feet with it, but it really didn't take that long to finish putting together all of the blocks. I had 16 foundation papers prepped with the centre white strip, and lots of blue and grey strips ready to go, so in two evenings I've managed to get them all together.










I got to work ripping the papers from the back of the blocks only to realize that I had not trimmed the blocks first. Duh. Time for bed.





 









A while back my machine was freed from the painter's tape mummification that I had used to prevent the ink transfer from the phone book foundation papers to the table surface, but I noticed a little bit of build-up of ink as I was finishing, so I used some hand sanitizer to wipe it off and it's as good as new (I'd just used it a few days ago to take pine gum off the car so thought it might work here too - who knew?). The second thing I did was change my needle; it's dull as can be from working through all of that paper.....M

No comments: