Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Workin' My Way Back To You...

Things don't always work out as planned and this weekend has proven that again. My wonderful plans to bind my Dresden Plate went nowhere, primarily because we had a lovely weekend for sitting out on the deck and gardening, neither of which is good binding territory. And, since it was Canada Day I wanted to work on something a little patriotic, so in the evenings I found myself back quilting Confetti. It has a nice celebratory name and the red & white in it seemed perfect nod to the weekend's festivities.










We went to see the musical Jersey Boys on Saturday so for the rest of the weekend Frankie Valli tunes have been humming through our heads, hence the 'workin' my way back to you...' theme. It seemed appropriate to sit down at the hoop after a bit of a hiatus.












I have to say that I didn't realize how far along I am in finishing the quilting - the centre is at least 3/4 finished. I'll need to figure out how to quilt the edges yet.














It was fun to get back at it, and really encouraging to think that I might actually get this off the hoop some day soon! A belated happy Canada Day, everyone....M



1 comment:

Josie said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. Your Confetti quilt is gorgeous and just the perfect project to spend time with on Canada Day.