Thursday, July 11, 2013

The New Neutral


Here's another project that Linda was working on at the cottage - a quilt for her youngest daughter Allie and her husband Corey who just got married two weeks ago.
















The background is a collection of wonderful grey prints, or, as Linda refers to them, the new neutral. I thought I had a pic of several of them together but I guess I got so busy fondling them that I forgot to snap a pic! Bold, bright floral flowers and vines will be appliquéd over top and you can see how fabulously well it all works.










I think that all of the leaves are basted now so she started working on the circles for the flowers.








All of the 9-patch strips are pieced with wonderful, rich batiks and interesting prints...
















Love this combination. You can see some of the great grey prints that she is using alongside these blocks too.
















Here's a few more...

















and this. Luv, luv, luv....M

1 comment:

Jean said...

Looks like it will be fabulous!