Sunday, April 07, 2013

Time for a Re-count

Throughout the week I've been putting together the odd block here and there on Stained Glass and was quite happy with myself when I realized that I was closing in what I thought was on the last row. It all seemed too good to be true. I had the remaining 13 blocks all lined up and ready to go and in very short order they would all be together and I could start assembling the rows.

 
Then I took another look at it. It was too good to be true - I was half a row short. Ack! What to do?
















Well, for starters, finish up the blocks that were ready to go.

















Now I need to make 12 more blocks but everything that was cut is assembled so it's back to first principles. At least this time I know it's just 12 blocks...M

4 comments:

Anne said...

It is deceptive isn't it? As I worked on it I always thought I was making such great progress, only to discover when I laid the blocks out that I wasn't as far along as I thought. It looks amazing!
Our friend will love it indeed.

Yvette said...

Wow! That is gorgeous.

Shauna said...

Gorgeous! Lovin' the colours. How big is your quilt. Looks like it is a fair size.

Raewyn said...

Beautiful quilt top!! You're nearly there....!