Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Scrap Happy

Yesterday was a holiday for us so I took advantage of the time and spent the morning working on Anne's Stained Glass project. The large HST blocks are in a standard set of colours but the little squares that run diagonally across the quilt are a combination of everything and anything so it was time to dig out the scrap basket and see what I could salvage to include. I know I've mentioned it before but I LOVE being able to incorporate a lot of different fabrics in to a quilt - it just creates such an interesting story.










So, I cut and sewed, and cut and sewed, and cut and sewed and managed to finish off the partial row. I've also got a great stack of the HST blocks and 4 x 4 squares ready to assemble so the last two rows should go together quite quickly. I don't think that I have quite enough cut of finish it off but I'll put together what I have and then see how many more blocks I need - each block takes 4 units so I need to make 48 in total.

Anne found the instructions that she was working on and the pattern is also called Buckeye Beauty, but she prefers to call it Stained Glass. There are instructions for how to make 12 HSTs at one time, which I had not seen before, but I'm thinking would make it come together quite quickly. I'm making 4 HSTs at a time from a 4 7/8" block.

I forgot to show you what the Easter Bunny left me when he dropped off my chocolate supply. Actually, it was Anne, but we'll say it was the big guy. It's the Spring issue of Primitive Quilts and projects.













This one caught my eye, and not just because it is called Red, Red Wine (anyone have Neil Diamond running through their head right about now?).














There's also the lovely wool table topper. I'm not sure that I would ever make it but I thought it was lovely all the same. Lots more to spark the imagination....M

No comments: