Monday, March 11, 2013

Slow and Steady

It's been pretty busy lately so there hasn't been much stitching going on, but I have made some progress with my little hexagons (need to find a name for this quilt).















After a little bit of doing I've got the first four diamond blocks sewn together and have started working my way around the outside border with a soft blue/green. It took a bit of figuring to determine the best way to attach them but I think I have a system now that works nicely.











And there are 4 more blocks together. A couple of them need to be pressed but this gives you a good idea of the colours that have been incorporated so far. Totally pleasant hand work, and I can't tell you how much I love the scale.

They are small, but I think the work that Grit does is even smaller...check out her original design, La Passion! It's a free pattern and the first four parts can be found at the bottom of her blog; the 5th part is coming the middle of March...M

1 comment:

Linda said...

LOVE your hexies! I'm almost finished with my first project (small runner) and have been pondering the end result and how I want to attach the backing. Hexies are so addictive and relaxing.