Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Hexie Love

All that Orange Peel sewing in circles made me want to move to some hand stitching for a bit, so I pulled out a half finished hexie pincushion and put it together.














The red rose fabric that I used for this one is really beautiful, made even more so by the fact that I only have one little bit of it. There's a little more left, so I can stretch the love into another project.












Usually I fill my pincushions with ground walnut shells but this time I also used a bit of stuffing to try and get the corners nicely shaped. I'm thinking that I like it with just the shells but I'll try again on another one to see if I can refine the process.











And, because I've been craving a piece of cake lately, I tested this Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. SO glad that I did! It hit the mark perfectly. The hint of lemon in the frosting is literally the icing on the cake. The Official Cookie Tester is still licking his chops....M

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Yummy looking cake. I'm sure it didn't last long. I get to enjoy one of your bee cushions.