Sunday, February 04, 2024

Minnie's Time Has Come

Not 15 minutes after resolutely vowing to keep my head down and stick with the border pieces for Halo until they were all finished, I walked by the bag that Minnie has been sitting in for ages (well over a year) - beautifully basted and ready to be hand quilted. She's been stuck in limbo because I was struggling with how to quilt her. On a whim, I pulled it out of the bag to take another look. 

Within minutes of it tumbling to the floor I'd decided on a plan. So she's in the frame and I am thrilled.


These hexies finish of at about an inch across so I'm running most of my stitching right down their centres to get a good long run. It's going to generate a very nice double diamond pattern around the large four-diamond hexies, in the end.

Happiness like this calls for a brand new roll of painter's tape to help with my markings 😉, and what a difference it makes. When I quilted Candied Hexagons, the roll that I was using must have been old because there was very little oomph left to it, making it tough to follow a clean line at times.

Love the way these two intersecting lines produce a sweet little diamond. 

I am stitching very close to the little blossoms at the centre of each small diamond to give them a little more profile. It's a nice contrast to the linear quilting patterns that surround them.

After having trouble landing on a hand stitching project this winter my problem is now happily resolved....M



7 comments:

Annelein said...

I totally get that... struggeling with how to progress and after putting it away for a while it comes to you immediately. Making me wondering why I made such a foss about it in the first place... ;)...

The quilt is and will be beautiful...

Kim said...

Minnie is beautiful! Wonderful she spoke to you how she wanted to be quilted. =)

The Cozy Quilter said...

So nice to see Minnie is underway!

Chantal said...

I love your quilting design. It enhances the beautiful flowers and the double diamonds are just enough to frame them. Enjoy! ;^)

bettyb said...

A true masterpiece -- a work of heart!

Sandy said...

I’m excited for you, Marie! A beautiful choice for Minnie! :D

Ann said...

Such lovely colors. The quilting complements your design. Enjoy!