Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Sweet As Sugar

With all of the trimming finished, HSTs have been running through my machine at almost record speed. 

Because I was planning with one eye on the Sugar Quilt pattern, I realized well into my cutting spree that I had enough for about 1.5 quilts (my blocks will be larger so I didn't need as many as it calls for) so I just kept cutting so that I had enough for two. Why not?

I had toyed with using this mauve and green print as the light throughout the quilts but decided that the blue and green were on the contemporary side so I stayed with Kona Snow. It would have worked, it just would have had a more traditional feel.

Of course, there's one in every crowd. 

It's amazing how long it took me to figure out that this block was put together wrong. I kept rotating it thinking that I had just laid it down wrong. Didn't figure it out until the next day. Sheesh!...M



5 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

HST’s do have a tendency to misbehave! Glad you got it figured out! These quilts will be lovely!

Linda said...

Looking Good Marie, colors are so fresh!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So enjoying seeing these pretty colors close up, Marie. Don't even talk to me about messing up a block...I'm the queen of that!!LOL

Ann said...

Pretty colors. Kona Snow works well with them so that was a good choice. At least you didn’t get it quilted before figuring out what was wrong.

Rebecca Grace said...

I love Kona Snow; it just seems to look great with anything. Those blue and green HSTs are lovely; this will be such a pretty quilt!