Sunday, November 13, 2022

Done, Dusted and Maybe A Few Repeats?

And just like that, another Holly Bazaar is history. For a wide variety of reasons the prep in advance on this one was more than a little hectic, but I made it!

Given my schedule lately, I'm not sure what possessed me to try a couple of batches of a new cookie recipe the night before the big event, but try it I did. These Banana Walnut Chocolate Chunk Cookies were a great find (from Martha Stewart's Cookies cookbook), and given that they had both bananas and whole wheat flour in them, they were healthy, right? Right. So I tried four of them just to be sure😏before anything was packaged up. Another time, I might add a second egg to make them less cakey, but between The Official Cookie Tester and I they definitely received a big thumbs up.

My baking list had a lot of the cookies that I usually make for the bazaar but, to add a little seasonal touch, this year I also made some Snowflake Sugar Cookies.

Fun as it is to figure out what to make for the bazaar, there's always the relief of the deadline passing and being able to return to the freedom of a less structured sewing schedule and Christmas planning. 

I don't think that I shared the finished star runner and table topped that I made early on, so here they are. 

A very soft yellow polka dot worked nicely for the backing. The stack of fabrics used for this still sits on the corner of my cutting table and I can't help but think that some version of this block would make a nice quilt so I will leave them there a bit longer to see if the urge strikes me.











And these scrappy red and white Peppermint Pines were lots of fun to make as well, so don't be surprised if some day more red scraps get worked up into a Christmas tree quilt.

The happy little HST runner never did make it to the sale as The Official Cookie Tester scooped it up before it left the house, and I can't say that I'm disappointed. Love all those HSTs together. This is another pattern that I can definitely see being made up into a quilt; love the graphic nature of it and the colour possibilities are endless!

So, despite thinking that I've knocked several items off my TO DO list, I think that I may have inadvertently added a few more onto it!....M

3 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

To-do lists are meant to be ever changing. We scratch things off and add things to it. As long as you're finding a balance that makes you happy (and keeps all those beautiful projects coming), it's all good. I can totally relate to having an event like a bazaar finished and being able to get back into a routine of things. Happy quilting! -Andrea

Chantal said...

I love the Peppermint Pine (and the name too) table runner. The star runner and table topper are charming. I love the binding as it adds a lace effect when seen from far. I'll have to start on the cookie baking soon. My boys are getting hungry for them. ;^)

Kyle said...

All of your hard work and preparation hopefully, paid off at your bazaar. Why not try a couple new cookie recipes. They look yummy. It's nice that you have some "me" sewing time now.