Thursday, August 11, 2022

Fun In The Sun

In my last post, I mentioned that a black and white quilt would not be for me, but that's not to say that black in a quilt is out of the question. I remember an interior designer once saying that a little black in every room was a good thing, and so it is in this quilt that Jane hand pieced.

The flimsy has actually been finished for the better part of a year (it's amazing what you'll find on your phone!). She started it last summer and when I first saw it last August she was well on her way; it was a perfect project for stitching on the deck.

The square-in-a-square block is built using a nine patch for the centre block. The corners are a collection of verdant berries, veggies and blossoms, including that fabulous coleus in the bottom left. So beautiful.

The tiny red and white print is used throughout and the remaining squares of each nine patch are a collection of reds, greens and blacks. Her sashing is a low volume black and white and she used randomly placed prints for the cornerstones.

To me this is a great summer quilt. I think that she was toying with making it to use as a tablecloth but given the final shape it looks like it will be a throw....M


3 comments:

Julierose said...

Love the look of that little bit of black in your blocks--really nice work on this hugs, Julierose

Anne said...

A bright summer project for sure. Mom once told me that her mother told her that every quilt should have some black in it.

Chantal said...

Would love to have it on my dining room table! Speaks of summer vibes for sure. Love it! ;^)