Saturday, October 03, 2020

Miss Ivy's Quilt Show

Anyone who has taken a quilt to be quilted by Roberta at Cocoa and Quilts knows Miss Ivy; she is the shop's Official Greeter and always very happy to make your acquaintance. 






It's been months since I have seen her, but last weekend Roberta and I were able to have a terrific socially-distanced gab on her front porch, and we were joined by Miss Ivy. Today, she is hosting a show of the first of a few of the beautiful quilts that Roberta has made recently, starting with Edyta's (Laundry Basket Quilts) mystery quilt from early on in the pandemic. (Yes, that's Miss Ivy in the upper left corner with her ball, directing the photo shoot...)


Roberta used an older 3 Sisters collection called Luna Notte that she has always loved and which I freely admit brought me to my knees when it saw it. 









I mean - seriously! Look at that taupe floral. And the hint of black is just perfect.

She bought the fabrics about eight or nine years ago and made a quilt for her parents for their 50th anniversary. These are the “leftovers”!! 



The only thing she needed was a backing, which is from a newer 3 Sisters collection called Rue 1800 and is a sateen. What a perfect choice. The fabrics in the top have a very different feel to them so the sateen is a great fit. She used a very light batting in it and has enjoyed using it this past summer when it was hot, hot, hot.

Apparently it was fun to make and finished at about 70" x 70", just the right size for the sofa. I think I need to negotiate for some time on her sofa!....M




5 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Oh how beautiful. I made one as well in patriotic colors for a QOV. I recently quilted it and it’s beautiful!

Gretchen Weaver said...

The quilt is so beautiful! I have some of that fabric, it's waiting for just the right quilt pattern. Happy stitching!

marina said...

what a stunning quilt! Love those fabrics.

Kyle said...

You can't go wrong with 3 Sister's fabrics. The quilt is luscious! A perfect combination of pattern and fabric.

bettyb said...

OOO-EEEE -- I love this pattern!