Sunday, June 14, 2020

A Little Time to Think

I hit a bit of a speed bump on my yellow houses so I picked up Minnie in the hopes that a solution will present itself as I do a bit of hand stitching.















Several set-in triangles still need to be made so I set to work on finishing a couple. There's lots of hexies cut but somehow not necessarily the colours that I want or the quantity I need, so maybe it's time to dig into a few fabrics.

After a few iffy weather days it was really lovely to be able to sit on the deck and enjoy the sunshine.

And, since rhubarb is still in season, it seemed like a good day for Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble; I wasn't wrong.....M


7 comments:

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

I just love the look of hexies. So pretty. I do love a rhubarb crumble. We had rhubarb and pear the other day, it was delicious.

Kyle said...

Switching projects always helps me, well, so would strawberry rhubarb crumble!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love the colors in your hexie block

Pat said...

lovely soft summery colors for your hexies - always nice to have some peaceful handwork at the ready - agree, it helps to step back from a little issue in a project to rethink.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a lovely summery project!
now my mouth is watering for some rhubarb!

audrey said...

A little hand work can go a very long way in quilting.:)

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your Minnie diamonds are so beautiful - love your color combinations so much. Yummmmmm summer dessert.