Friday, May 08, 2020

Two Bindings for Baby

#QuiltBee: Moda Love baby quilt
My Moda Love baby quilts have been sitting ready so ship for a couple of weeks now but it's been so busy with work that I'm only sharing them now.











#QuiltBee: Moda Love baby quilt
Given that they are for twins I wanted them to be the same, but different, if you know what I mean. So the colours in the stars lean more to blue in one quilt and aqua in the other, and I followed through with that theme with the backings. At one point the bindings were going to be a different colour than the backings, just to keep things scrappy, but when Roberta managed to squeeze enough leftovers out of the backings when she set them up on the longarm I decided to stay with matching backings and bindings.




#QuiltBee: Moda Love baby quilt
I'm glad that I did. Because they are for twins they will be seen together a lot I expect, and the quilts look good together without getting too busy.










#QuiltBee: Moda Love baby quilt
So it's time to find that 'perfect box' and get them wrapped and shipped. The Official Cookie Tester went on a box recycling binge after Christmas, so my work might be cut out for me....M

3 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

These look so soft and sweet, Marie! I love how you thought about making them "the same, but different." That is a beautiful way to think about what makes twins so special.

Kyle said...

Those a precious. The quilts are going to be well loved.

Love Of Quilts said...

Pretty baby quilts!