Saturday, September 10, 2016

A Little More Time

After I finished sewing down the bindings on the three charity table toppers on Sunday I realized that I had almost a week left before Anne was going to deliver them, so I started cutting blocks for a few square Christmas toppers. I made a couple of these last year for both Madonna House and for the Holly Bazaar and they were really popular so I decided to go with a pattern that I knew and that worked up fairly quickly.










This time around I used a much more rustic palette - mossy greens, deep golds and rich reds but still with white stars - very country feeling. At first I wasn't convinced because at the same time as I cut these out I cut squares using the brighter, more traditional Christmas prints that I had the last time around.










But as they came together I liked them more and more. They are quilted in the same soft gold as the Halloween Lite toppers and it just keeps the whole thing warm and cozy.












I also tried a different chris-crossed quilting pattern than the diagonal rows that I had quilted last time around.











The backs are green and gold and they are all bound in one green or another.
















So, by the time Anne was ready to go there were three more toppers to add to the pile.

















The little bundle of felt heart decorations that I made a couple of weeks ago also got included in the mix. I cannot believe that I am this far ahead of the game! I give all credit to the power of a deadline.

There are three or four more cut ready to work at when I have the time, and hopefully done in plenty of time for the Holly Bazaar in early November (now watch - just because I said that I'll be burning the midnight oil to get them finished!).....M

6 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Wonderful runners for the bazaar! Your pile of donations is growing!

Kate said...

Love your star table toppers and especially in these colours!!

Doniene said...

I love the star toppers! Great color palette! You inspire me to get busy!

Blessings and hugs!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Isn't it interesting to see how colour swaps change the look of a pattern. These look like fall to me, a time I adore. What lovely work you do and so generous too.

Chantal said...

Congrats on so many beautiful projects ready to be given away! Gorgeous star toppers! I love those colours together. They can be used during the Autumn months and the Holiday Season. Wonderful! Do you have a pattern for those charming heart decorations you do? I would like to give it a try. I hope you stay on your schedule. You are doing so much better than I. ;^)

Kyle said...

Deadlines can do great things to keep us motivated. But you've done wonderful on your own!