Thursday, December 03, 2015

Do You See What I See?

My visits to Roberta earlier in the week for the Nantucket backing yielded a very pleasant surprise - Country Charmer is quilted and came home with me. And it is gorgeous! It's patiently sitting in a bag behind the sofa, peeking around the corner at me until I get a bit more baking done, and then it will be bound.











Looking at it through the frosted bag is sort of like trying to peek at it through a frosted window.














I think that I've mentioned before how perfect Roberta's quilting is - she does beautiful work - and this one is no exception. I opted for the same feathered swirl that I used on Fly Away Home because I just couldn't find another pattern that I liked as much.












It is enlarged a little more this time and the loose swirls play beautifully with the precision of the pieced blocks and looks equally good with the floral border.











And, just when I thought things couldn't get any better, I found a fab paisley print for the backing in Roberta's stash of options. If I pinch myself any more I'm going to bruise.

Of course I couldn't resist putting a little piece of binding near it to see what the final result will be. If that's not incentive enough to finish up my Christmas baking so that I can work on this, I don't know what is.







I've said it before, and I'll say it again - thank you Lynn at Sew'n Wild Oaks for designing this beauty. It is just so wonderful and soon to be a big part of our holiday tradition....M

6 comments:

Kate said...

Marie, your Country Charmer is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Nancie Anne Quilts said...

It is beautiful! Love your paisley and your adorable binding! I'm sure Lynn will say that gingham check is right up her alley!

Susan said...

Charming! And how wonderful to have that lovely binding sewing to look forward to.

Kyle said...

Your quilt is beautiful. The feather swirl is a perfect quilting design for the holiday look. And your choice for the binding is cute, cute, cute. Love it all around. Hurry and get your baking done so you can finish it up!

Anonymous said...

Marie is that backing the same as the one on Fly Away Home? It looks very similar, and I love it! Is this one going on your bed? Jane

marina said...

So beautiful! Love the 'frosty' view too.wonderful to have it back in time for Christmas.