Friday, November 20, 2015

Resistance Is Futile

It's back to stars this week - seems hard to stay away from them lately. The Official Cookie Tester really liked the table toppers that I made for the bazaar and has requested one for our table, so I'm striking while the iron is hot.













Maybe it wasn't hot enough. I was obviously on another planet when I started trimming the pieces with the points...really, what was I thinking?














This is what it should look like.
















This time around I laid all of the blocks out before I started sewing so that I could get a sense of fabric placement. The first two that I made I had just made it up as I went. This was faster and more organized, at least until I started trimming :).











Seemingly in spite of myself I have managed to get everything together and ready to quilt.














I'm happy that I've found a project to use that mitten fabric in. I've had it for a couple of years now but never seemed to be working on the right project to use it....M

8 comments:

Kate said...

Another beauty, Marie! What size squares are you using?

marina said...

What a pretty topper!
Love your little felt ornaments too.
Happy sewing

Anonymous said...

Marie: looking swell, a great combo of reds and greens, gets you in the Christmas spirit doesn't it. Working on a stocking for Logan right now and enjoying the Christmas-y feeling. xo

Lisa J. said...

I'm happy you found a place for your mitten fabric. They are lovely table toppers.

Julianne said...

I love this pattern in Christmas prints very nice!

Doniene said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!! I might just have to see if I can conjure up one for myself - you sure are inspiring my, Marie!!

Blessings and hugs!

Doniene said...

Are you using 5" squares?

audrey said...

It's lovely when the husband gets on board with quilty decoration.:) This looks very fun!