Saturday, August 29, 2015

See Jane Run...

This is yet another project that Jane was working on last weekend. She was so busy I felt that I was just standing still, and she got lots done. This is a table runner that she found in her stash when she went looking for something else, so out it came to be quilted and used this Fall.













She picked a large leaf print for the backing...

















The blocks are a collection of blocks that she had wanted to try making so it has a bit of a sampler feel to it. The black strip with the large leaves is a print that she incorporated; it is all hand stitched. In my mind, she is the Queen of Autumn and this project really reflects her love of the season.











Once she had it pin basted we headed outside to the picnic table under the trees where she cut this great plaid on the bias for a binding. By the end of the weekend she had started quilting it so I expect it will be done in no time at all.













While she worked on binding I worked on cutting hexies for Minnie. Jane had pulled a few pinks from her stash for me, so I happily cut a few strips as I have been having a hard time finding pinks that suit.













She also had this little bundle of scraps set aside for me thinking that they would work nicely in Minnie, and she wasn't wrong, so I came home with lots of new fabric strips to incorporate into my quilt....M

No comments: