Saturday, February 07, 2015

Ready to Quilt

My little scrappy Strippy X is all together now and ready to be quilted and I'm more convinced than ever that making it a baby quilt rather than two table runners was the better choice.















It's made with my Sea Glass remnants so there is a definite 'family resemblance' to them but still a difference - there's more cream in this one. And you don't see it in these photos, but I've also added a cream border.













The border is deeper at the top and bottom, about 4", and about 2" on each side (you know, so that I could ever so slightly avoid that square quilt thing...). The creams throughout the blocks are a scrappy collection of mostly three tone-on-tone prints so I used one of these for the border.










Now to give some thought to how to quilt it. This one will be done on the machine so it will be fairly straightforward quilting - I still have not cracked the FMQ nut. I'm thinking of something that will follow the diagonal lines of the blocks. I'm also thinking that it will be nice to move on to a less muted colour palette...M



7 comments:

Patsy said...

It is lovely, I watch your blog and learning from every post.
Thank!

Kyle said...

My goodness, you have been sewing like crazy. It's really lovely and does have the same soothing and calm feeling as a day near the coast.

Susan said...

Another fabulous top Marie, it will be a lucky baby that receives it. I don't think I old get my scraps to behave and look so well placed! I think some nice straight or cross hatched quilting will really enhance the geometry of the blocks. Funny about the aquare quilt, I have lots of square quilts.

audrey said...

Oh so pretty! Love the bright little sparks of blue in it.:)

marina said...

wow it looks so beautiful!
A fantastic job done!

Karen H said...

I really like this little quilt! The colours are so soft and calming and I think it would be really enjoyed by a sweet little baby.

Jayne Honnold said...

Love it! I've had red and white on my mind this morning, and it would look good in that combination, too. :)