Saturday, March 08, 2014

A New Quilt

Betty has found a spectacular new quilt to work on while sorting through magazine's at the cottage a couple of weekends ago - lots of great plaids and neutrals and what looks like grey linen too. Love it! By the sounds of it, so does Jane and she has plans to add it to her list.


 
It reminds me in some ways of a Kaffe pattern that Anne made several years ago. The hits of colour in the corners just makes it for me.















Betty came across a box of old Vyella men's shirts that we found after mom died, which will not only make for great fabrics but a lovely memento as well. Itching to start cutting, she wasted no time giving them a wash hanging them out to air so the fun could begin.












I'm thinking that since I've finished off a few projects lately maybe it's time to start pondering a version of this...















Or maybe I should finish up something else, like maybe my Stars All Around table runners - they are all finished except for the quilting. Guess it doesn't have to be either or....M

3 comments:

audrey said...

Love the scrappy neutral and red quilt! Great pattern. The baskets are wonderful too. Always love those basket quilts too--they never seem to disappoint.:)

Karen H said...

You are right - it doesn't have to be either or! I like to have lots of projects on the go at the same time so I say go for it! Start the basket quilt!

Wonky Girl said...

Lots of inspiration on your blog post. I like each and every project. The use of linen is an idea I never thought of. Will have to try using it some time.
Thanks for sharing :-)