Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Little Boy Blue

Remember my friend Jean who bought my two Neighbour's Fence quilts a while back? One was for her and another for a special niece that was getting married. Well, the niece is obviously very happily married because now there is a request for baby quilt. They are expecting a little boy so Jean says she's going to be 'brave' and go with blue and white :). Actually, the mom has Dutch heritage so it will be a nice tie in to that as well.











I'd like to quilt this one on the machine so we, including the mother-to-be, looked at several options and decided on this one - the pattern is called Broken Dishes. I love the blue & green combo with a hint of grey but it should look great in lots of different blues as well. It will be roughly 40" x 48" rather than square so that they can get as much use out of it as possible as the little one grows.








Curiosity got the better of me and I started pulling fabrics to see what I might have that would suit. I'm big on blue and white so there was lots to choose from - there are 26 fabrics so far. Now to decide on the size of the blocks and get cutting....M

1 comment:

Susan said...

Lovely fabric choices.....a special collaborative project.