Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More Geese Flying South

I still haven't really sunk my teeth into anything since the big rush to finish things off for the bazaar; I've been puttering at a few things here and there, but just sort of floating and not really landing. I did, however, manage to make several more flying geese.














There was a good supply of red and several green squares cut and waiting to be sewn so I tackled those before cutting more. I did a few in each sitting and have ended up with another 128 that I can add to the pile.











I've been using a Frixion pen for marking the diagonal lines. It's nice and fine and great because as soon as the heat from the iron hits it the marking disappears, making for a nice neat finish. I have to admit though that I can be a bit slow. I marked 4 squares and then thought it would be a good idea to press them before I stitched them. Duh.










Still some corners to be trimmed, but that's the perfect job to do in front of the TV. It's time to focus on  the greens now. My stack of whites is the total number of geese that I need, if memory serves me correctly, and it looks to me like it might be about half gone now so I'll do a batch of greens and then take a count to see where I am and start sewing strips of geese. This is to be my not-so-Christmassy Christmas quilt but it certainly won't be finished for this year. Maybe next.

And the last of the White Chocolate Lemon Truffles from the bakeoff are now rolled and in the freezer - three dozen in total so that takes our grand total to 100 dozen, and counting.














They never really firmed up totally so they will need to be enjoyed soon after they come out of the freezer; next time I will add just a little less cream and butter just so they firm up better (notice that I won't be cutting back on the chocolate!)....M

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

Wow that is a lot of baking that you are doing! What fun to do it all together! Your flying geese are looking coming along nicely - isn't it amazing how many we can do if we have prepped and just grab a few minutes here and there?

Janet said...

Your little pile of blocks make me want to rush to the sewing machine. I'm amazed at all your baking efforts, everything looks so delicious.

Kate said...

Love those birds, Oh my, you are a busy lady ....