Tuesday, April 17, 2012

It's Looking More Like a Quilt

What a difference a few new blocks make! It seems that I've been sewing tiny red blocks for Martha's Star until I am seeing them in my sleep so I decided to switch things up a bit and start putting together the cream pieced blocks that will finish off the edges of the quilt.










It's amazing what a difference filling in those blocks makes. Not only does it finish off the edges and really make it look like it will be a quilt some day soon, it makes the cream tone-on-tone fabrics that I've used throughout much more prominent. The variety is really providing the texture and interest that I was hoping they would.





See how nice that left edge is looking? And it's getting pretty big too - I can't fit it all in to the photos anymore and it is consuming all of the space at the foot of the stairs, so I'd better get into gear and finish it up.










So now it's the bottom right corner to finish off and then the border pieces. I think I have 7 stars to go and about 12 Irish Chain blocks so still lots of little red blocks before I'm done, and then all of the blocks will need to be sewn together, but the end is in sight. Enough for now though because I've had a hankering for chocolate cake so I'm of to make Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Icing - more on that later!...M

No comments: