Saturday, March 03, 2012

Finding My Rhythm

I have to say that now that I have picked up my needle and thread again at the quilting hoop I am quite enjoying it - and making some good progress to boot! Here's a few pics that will hopefully give you a better idea of what the quilting looks like on Confetti - still not the best but hopefully you can make out that I'm staying very close to the seams just to highlight the pattern and the fabrics.




My hoop is relatively new to me and it has taken some time for me to get comfortable with it/find a comfortable position to work in and actually stay with the quilting once I start, or pick it up readily when I sit down in front of it, but I think that I have finally cracked the code. Having reruns of Downton Abbey to watch doesn't hurt either.
And nothing says progress like being able to rip out basting threads.
There are such gorgeous prints in this fabric collection that it's hard not to enjoy the process. Maybe there is hope for me yet...M

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You left me a question on my blog but you don't have your email enabled so I can't answer you. email me please