Friday, February 10, 2017

Symmetry Wins

Thanks to everyone who weighed in on my dithering about whether to make the Disappearing Four Patch quilt larger or not. Finally, a decision - I'm making more blocks so I cut more squares.













It sounds like many of you often grapple with the same question. Yes, the design will now be symmetrical, which is great, but in the end I went bigger because it's going to be a charity quilt, and I'd like whoever receives it to be able to get as much use out of it as possible.











A smaller quilt is nice, but I'm thinking if it's for someone in need then it should be what's better for them more than what's better for me.














So, I put on my big girl pants and got down to it. All 11 blocks are cut and three are together.















They are all large florals to keep the feel of the quilt light and airy and help break up the smaller prints that are already made up.













It's good to have a decision, and good to see the blocks coming together....M

4 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Hooray for symmetry!!!

Jane said...

I love the lavender fabric with the red flowers! Beautiful. This is a lovely quilt Marie.

Kyle said...

The florals are so lovely in these blocks. Order and balance is always good.

Shirley said...

That is going to be a lovely quilt. I am sure it will be well loved.